Three of our larger special events are now canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic: Merriam Drive Live and the Merriam Drive Live 5K Run/Walk scheduled Oct. 3 at Merriam Marketplace and the Fall Recycling Event scheduled Oct. 17 at the former Kmart parking lot.
The City will still have its Large-Item Pickup event Oct. 19-23. For those who want to recycle, please visit recyclespot.org. You’ll find a list of accepted recycling items and where to drop them off.
We plan to bring back all our special events bigger and better next year. Thank you for your patience and understanding!
Updated Cancellation List:
- Sept. 10: Bingo
- Sept. 12: Turkey Creek Car & Motorcycle Show
- Oct. 2: Family Game Night
- Oct. 3: Merriam Drive Live
- Oct. 3: Merriam Drive Live 5K Run/Walk
- Oct. 6: National Night Out
- Oct. 17: Fall Recycling Event
- Oct. 24: Halloween Happenings
MCC Fitness Programs
- Aug. 31-Dec. 14: Adult Basketball
- Aug. 31-Dec. 16: Youth Martial Arts
- Sept. 2-Dec. 18: High School Basketball
Tim Murphy Art Gallery
The Tim Murphy Art Gallery is open, but all opening night receptions are canceled through the rest of the year. The 24th Annual High School Visual Arts Competition awards ceremony will be held virtually this year.